Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Watercolor & Acrylic Paintings

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I played with my watercolors again today, but with a fall theme.


I've also started thinking about a new story for my granddaughter who should be born by the end of the month. Here is the main character:

Here is a painting in progress, with acrylics and plaster. I love how the plaster has so much texture!

Finally, I got these adorable handmade cards in the mail Friday, from my good friend Sophia!

She is also the host of Sunday Sketches, which I hope you will join me by checking out what other artists have been making this week! Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Wonderful creations ~ love them all and how lucky to receive work from Sophia !
~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) linked with Sunday Sketches ^_^

craftattack said...

Lots of wonderful creations! Thanks for visiting my blog, too - Nice to meet you! Valerie

Joni Nickrent said...

Very cute...love your whimsical and wonderful creations! POP ART MINIS

NatashaMay said...

Everything looks great. Hope you get to share the story with us, too. :)

Melisa said...

You've been busy! I'm curious to see how the plaster painting evolves. I've never tried it.

Christine said...

beautiful leaves, and I like your storybook character! Sophia makes lovely handmade cards.

Azure Islands Designs said...

Great work Debbie...I like the direction you are taking your art!!!

Cheers

Heather said...

such fun things today! i love the leaves, yay my favorite season. nice job...
also your owl is adorble. cute cards from our wonderful hostess, too!!!
have a great day

Jehanne's doodles said...

How sweet the little owl is, and the painting in progress looks interesting. What lovely cards you got. Have a great week :)

Lenora said...

Love the variety - the girl with acrylic and plaster I will love to see finished!

Tammie said...

lovely to see everything that you have been up to. I think that wee owl will be a great character for a book.
Sophia's pieces are charming as can be.