Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Critic

In 4th grade our art teacher took us outside to draw a tree during class. I was excited about learning to draw so drew the best tree I could. Then I looked at the girl next to me and saw her picture. It was so perfect, and when I looked back at my own I saw all the mistakes I had made. My inner critic told me I could never draw and I didn't try again until just recently. This is the first tree I've tried to draw since 4th grade. It's still not perfect, but it's a start and now I'm hoping my critic will finally quit telling me "I can't..."

6 comments:

Tori said...

I love your tree mom! I'm glad you got back into drawing!

lori vliegen said...

oh my goodness...were we in the same art class?! i had the same experience and my teacher actually told me i was doing it "wrong". i think your tree looks awesome...good for you for picking that pencil up again!! :)

paperbird said...

I so hate that inner critic. I am just learning to block out those negative vibes. Your tree is awesome.

My 11 year old daughter took a painting class- her teacher would tell the class how horrible their paintings were- she no longer takes that class!

Marilyn Rock said...

Oh; I think you CAN Deb! :)

Patti said...

This tree looks just great!
You are better than you think my friend.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments on my photoshop experiments. I just keep playing with it and these were pretty easy to do. I need to write down as I learn what I have done because Photoshop is so deep and so many buttons to push and styles to do so I think it had something to do with filters but I will try to do it again and write it down and then I can share with all of my artist friends.

Hope you are having a great weekend
Hugs
Patti

Fannie said...

I'm glad you chose to draw a tree again. You silenced your inner critic. Good for you. Keep going. Enjoy your weekend.